The National Career Development Association’s (NCDA) Career Services Provider (formally called Career Development Facilitator) was created to provide standards, training specifications, and credentialing to eligible career providers in our field.
Why Should I Consider Career Services Provider Training?
Career Services Provider Training is an excellent opportunity to enhance your skills and knowledge in career development, setting you apart from others in the field. It’s also an opportunity to interact with colleagues from a variety of work settings. During the training, you’ll receive instruction in each of the 12 career development competencies, which are detailed below (Source: NCDA Competencies):
- Developing a Helping Relationship
- Training and Leading Groups
- Career Development Theory and its Application
- The Role of Assessment in Career Planning
- Ethics and the Career Services Provider
- Providing Career Services to Multicultural Populations
- The Role of Career Information and Technological Resources in Career Planning
- Job Seeking and Employability Skills
- Designing and Implementing Career Planning Services
- Business Services and Employer Relations
- Career Development Services for Clients with Disabilities
- Career Development Services for Clients who are Justice Involved
- Career Development Services for K-12 Students
- Workforce and Career Development History
How is the Career Services Provider Training Structured?
Career Services Provider Training is available 100% online. Our online Career Services Provider Training allows your ultimate flexibility to complete the activities and assignments. We will meet one day a week for 2.5 hours via “face-to-face”. The “face-to-face” training will allow you the opportunity to interact with me and your classmates. The rest of your training will be accomplished by completing discussion board assignments, journal assignments, watching videos, and a semester long capstone experience.
What Does the Course Include?
- 120-hours of in-depth training
- Access to our online classroom
- NCDA Career Development Facilitator textbook (valued at $125.00)
- Weekly assignments that build in peer interaction
- Virtual & webinar training sessions
- Ongoing instructor support
- Certificate of Completion
In addition, we take a “no fluff,” customized approach to training, including course assignments. Students select topics that are of interested to the work they do, which allows for practical application of what is learned. Since everyone has different needs and interests, we don’t adhere to a “one size fits all” approach.